Roll out this pumpkin rollout cookies recipe. Here’s a recipe that beats other holiday cookies. Why!? Because it is made with pumpkin!
Contributed by: Ann K. in Nashua. New Hampshire.
|3/4 cups||unsalted butter, softened|
|1/2 cup||brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1 tbsp.||orange zest|
|1/2 cup||canned or fresh cooked pumpkin|
|1 tsp.||pure vanilla|
|2-1/4 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1/4 tsp.||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp.||ground ginger|
|1/4 tsp.||ground nutmeg|
Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine with electric mixer the butter, brown sugar and orange zest.
3.Add the pumpkin, egg yolk, and vanilla.
4. Gradually add the flour and spices.
5. Mix with your hands to create a soft dough.
6. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Divide dough into two pieces.
8. Roll out each piece to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
9. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
10. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. Decorate with favorite frosting and candies.
Pumpkin Recipes – Indeed, over 140 recipes and still growing
Halloween Party Recipes – Put the icky, gross and gory into your party.
TGN’s Garden Recipes – You grow them all season. Now, you cook and bake your harvest.
Apple recipes – Let’s cook and bake with apples.
Holiday Recipes – All sort of recipes for all sorts of holidays.